WILLIAMS & WILLIAMS has accumulated invaluable experience in the financial, banking and securities field, representing very important clients, local and internationally; including commercial and investment banks, multilateral organizations, government agencies, investment houses, accounting firms, insurance companies, fund managers, corporations and trusts.
We give advice on legal and regulatory aspects as well as on all types of contracts, licenses, legal opinions and transnational operations including:
- Transactions in the securities markets, including public offers or sale of securities before the Superintendency of the Securities Market, registration of companies before the Stock Exchange of Panama and advice regarding the registry of securities in Panama.
- Constitution, operation and functioning of financial and banking entities in Panama, especially, the establishment of representative offices of foreign banks and obtaining permits and licenses required for their operation. In the same way, we carry out the evaluation and preparation of the legal and operational documentation required for the proper operation of the corresponding financial intermediary.
- Obtaining an investor or securities broker’s license.
- Preparation, drafting and negotiation of loan agreements, credit agreements, secured and unsecured financing, structured financing and other types of financial facilities.
- Review of loan agreements prepared by external lawyers of an international bank (in particular those under the New York or England Law), especially when it comes to international syndicated loans.
- Advice on all legal aspects related to the financing of projects, intervening in the design and structuring of the different contracting schemes that are required for each particular case.
- Due diligence processes for the acquisition of entities in the financial sector.
- Transactions with derivatives of the securities market.